A value-packed in-ceiling speaker from Revel
The Revel C283 might be the company?s least expensive 8? in-ceiling speaker, but it shares some of the same technologies as Revel?s higher-end speakers. Its integrated tweeter waveguide provides great sound for listeners directly under the speaker, as well as those positioned off to the side. And its high-order crossover network allows the 8? woofer and 1? tweeter to blend together seamlessly.
The Revel C283 in-ceiling speaker features an integrated tweeter waveguide, which provides excellent on- and off-axis listening performance.
Space-saving long-term performance
Looking for clear, natural sound without the bulk of a traditional box speaker? The C283 is a great choice for a stealthy stereo system, or as an overhead effects channel of a surround sound system. A lifetime warranty ensures excellent long-term performance.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman?s state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 8? aluminum cone woofer with cast-polymer frame
- long-throw woofer design with rubber surround for high output and low distortion
- 1? aluminum dome tweeter
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- spring post speaker connectors
- recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts
- paintable zero-bezel magnetic grille
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- speaker cutout diameter: 9-5/8?
- mounting depth: 4-3/4?
- weight: 3.9 lbs.
- MFR # C283
What?s in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Scrim cloth
- Cutout template
- Instruction Manual