An elite multi-purpose in-wall speaker from Revel
If you want consistent, high-performance sound from your in-wall home theater, consider Revel’s W553L. This LCR (left, right, center) speaker can be installed either vertically or horizontally, making it an excellent choice for a seamless front soundstage in a surround sound system. Its pair of 5-1/4″ woofers and centrally mounted 1″ tweeter deliver balanced, full-range sound that’s ideal for movie soundtracks, dialogue and special effects.
Built-in sound-shaping control
The W553L delivers outstanding sound that can be tailored to your room. The aluminum dome tweeter has a three-position output level switch, which lets you cut or boost the high frequencies ? a valuable adjustment if you have reflective surfaces like hardwood floors or windows, or absorptive surfaces like thick carpets or upholstered furniture.
The Revel W553L in-wall speaker tweeter adjustment to tailor its sound to your room.
High-quality design for long-term performance
The W553L has a few other notable design highlights. Its tweeter waveguide helps provide great sound for listeners directly in front of the speaker, as well as those positioned off to the side. Its high-order crossover network allows the woofer and tweeter to blend together seamlessly. And high-quality push-post input terminals provide a solid connection with your speaker wire.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out my?guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of?in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your d?cor.
Who is Revel?
Revel is one of the high-performance audio companies of global electronics giant Harman International. Since 1996, Revel has used cutting-edge design tools and one-of-a-kind testing facilities to develop speakers that measure well and sound amazing. The intensive design work happens at Harman’s state-of-the-art speaker R & D facility in Northridge, California.
- ideal for an in-wall music system or as the left or right channel of a home theater system
- dual 5-1/4″ micro-ceramic composite (MCC) woofers with cast-aluminum frames
- long-throw woofer design with rubber surround for high output and low distortion
- 1″ aluminum dome tweeter
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room’s acoustics
- integrated waveguide provides excellent on- and off-axis performance
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- high-order crossover network delivers accurate timbre reproduction
- recommended amplifier power: 10-150 watts
- paintable zero-bezel magnetic grille
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- cutout dimensions: 6-7/16″W x 14-1/8″H
- overall dimensions: 7-7/16″W x 15-1/8″H
- mounting depth: 2-15/16″
- weight: 6.6 lbs.
- MFR # W553L
What’s in the box:
Revel W553L owner’s manual
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Scrim cloth
- Cutout template
There are no reviews yet.